Saturday, February 03, 2007

Help! My blog has 2 banners!

Hello Classmates,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem:
I've been trying to get rid of one of the 2 banners on my blog, and it has been less than fruitful. If you look at my site, the banner I am trying to get rid of is the plain green one - it seems to me it shows up on some computers and not others. It also seems to me that it shows up on most computers *gasp*.

The plain green banner is written into the code of the blog template I downloaded from Blogger. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?


This Post was written by Celine from black.salt

6 comments:

Haalo said...

From your source code - that green bit occurs in your style sheet which is located at this url
http://googlelite.free.fr/iconic.css

and in these lines of code
background: url(http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/
5442/340/1600/banner-bg.3.gif)
no-repeat;
and
background: url(http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/
5442/340/1600/blue-bg.gif)
repeat-x;

you need to remove those backgrounds from the style sheet

You've also got a couple of other styling issues that aren't quite right - your blog is showing other differences depending on the browser used.

Anonymous said...

What Haalo said :)

The problem seems to only occur in IE, because you're importing the style sheet with a @import url call, rather than linking the style sheet directly, or including it in an existing CSS file... only certain browsers recognise the @import call... IE being one of them.

Bonnie said...

It's happening in Safari too, except the banners are half each.

I simply altered it by deleting the blogger background:

background: url(http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/
5442/340/1600/banner-bg.3.gif)

and pasting my own banner url over the top:

background: url(myownurlhere)

which I get from photobucket.

Haalo said...

Bonnie - your blog is coded differently. In your template you have the style sheet included. In Celine's template the style sheet is hosted elsewhere separate from the template.

Celine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celine said...

thanks so much everyone for your help. i'm going to put the suggestions to work and let you know how it goes.
cheers